Frequently Purchased Together
Chevron Alignment Signs(W1-8)
This sign follows the design guidelines specified in the MUTCD Standard for Parking and Traffic Signs
To view and print a PDF version of this page, click on this link: TrafficSign.com Chevron Alignment Sign PDF →
To Learn about the Materials used in the making of this sign, refer to the Tab called "Material Descriptions..."
- These signs are manufactured with rust free aluminum laminated with Engineering Grade Reflective (Type I).
- Graphics are printed with translucent inks or applied vinyl graphics, opaque and translucent film. (Translucent ink or film is not applicable to the color black).
- Aluminum will not chip, crack or rust. Aluminum signs will last longer than plastic or steel signs.
- Hole configuration is illustrated below, signs are supplied with 2 holes at 3/8” dia. (top & bottom)
- These signs have been designed for the following applications: post, fence or wall mounting.
- These traffic signs do not have any overlamination.
- Image / Text on signs is printed directly onto the signmaterial.
- Printed image will resist fading and mild chemicals.
Hole & Layout Configuration
Regulatory Chevron Alignment Sign (W1-8)
- Chevron Alignment (W1-8) Sign is used to provide additional emphasis and guidance for a change in horizontal alignment of the roadway.
- A Chevron sign may be used as an alternate or supplement to standard delineators and edge lines as appropriate on curves.
- This sign is a vertical rectangle with no border.
- If used, it should be installed on the outside of a turn or curve, in line with and at approximately a right angle to approaching traffic.
- Chevron signs should be visible for a sufficient distance to provide the road user with adequate time to react to the change in alignment.
- Chevron signs should not be placed on the far side of a T-intersection facing traffic.
- Chevron signs should not be used to mark obstructions within or adjacent to the roadway.
- To learn about Chevron Alignment Sign position, distance, etc see MUTCD Section 2C.09 Chevron Alignment Sign (W1-8)
- Please note, different states may have different posting requirements.
Sign Mounting on U-Channel Post
What do you need when mounting chevron signs?
If you are mounting signs to a U-Channel Post, the following hardware accessories are required:
- 1 U-channel post, sizes range from 4ft to 12ft, either Green or Galvanized finishes.
- 1 Bolting set (Part # Y3465 or Y4899) set includes washers and bolts, or
- 1 Tamperproof Set (Part# Y4900 or Y4901) set includes washers, one way bolts and break away nuts.
- 1 Pair of Ribbed Plates (optional) Part# Y4915
Please follow the installation steps shown on the illustration.
Click on the link to view Post Installation Guidelines →