Frequently Purchased Together
Section 2C.12 One-Direction Large Arrow Sign
- A One-Direction Large Arrow (W1-6) sign may be used either as a supplement or alternative to Chevron Alignment signs in order to delineate a change in horizontal alignment.
- A One-Direction Large Arrow (W1-6) sign may be used to supplement a Turn or Reverse Turn sign to emphasize the abrupt curvature.
- The One-Direction Large Arrow sign shall be a horizontal rectangle with an arrow pointing to the left or right.
- If used, the One-Direction Large Arrow sign shall be installed on the outside of a turn or curve in line with and at approximately a right angle to approaching traffic.
- The One-Direction Large Arrow sign shall not be used where there is no alignment change in the direction of travel, such as at the beginnings and ends of medians or at center piers.
- The One-Direction Large Arrow sign directing traffic to the right shall not be used in the central island of a roundabout.
- If used, the One-Direction Large Arrow sign should be visible for a sufficient distance to provide the road user with adequate time to react to the change in alignment.
Source: 2009 MUTCD