Frequently Purchased Together
Section 2C.16 Hill Signs
- The Hill sign and supplemental grade (W7-3P) plaque (see Section 2C.57) used in combination, or the W7-1a sign used alone, should be installed in advance of downgrades for the following conditions:
- 5% grade that is more than 3,000 feet in length,
- 6% grade that is more than 2,000 feet in length,
- 7% grade that is more than 1,000 feet in length,
- 8% grade that is more than 750 feet in length, or
- 9% grade that is more than 500 feet in length.
- These signs should also be installed for steeper grades or where crash experience and field observations indicate a need.
Source: 2009 MUTCD